Dual flow nitrogen and helium cooler
The N-HeliX from Oxford Cryosystems allows users to work at temperatures as low as 28áK without the cost or logistical issues of liquid helium, and also offers the ability to switch between nitrogen and helium gas usage (depending on required temperature). The N-HeliX offers:
- Broad temperature range of 28 ľ 300áK
- High temperature stability of 0.3áK
- Reduces running costs by using helium gas rather than liquid and minimising gas consumption
- Ability to use nitrogen or helium or to switch between the two during a run
- Remote control and monitoring available via CryoConnector and Oxford Connect
A typical gas cylinder will last approximately 16 hours, and by linking cylinders in a manifold, long term experiments can be performed. A second gas stream at room temperature provides extra shielding for the cold stream in order to improve the resistance to icing. A 10ámm diameter x-ray transparent shield tube extends around and beyond the crystal to protect the cold stream from atmospheric contamination.
Although it is possible to use the N-HeliX with bottled nitrogen gas, we recommend that the most cost-effective way to run the N-HeliX is with an in-house piped nitrogen gas supply or a nitrogen gas generator, which can be supplied by Oxford Cryosystems.